Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 6: From a Low Angle

From a Low Angle

OK, so I kinda already stink at this 30 Day Photo Challenge in terms of really challenging myself.  I had several ideas in my head of what I might want to photograph from a low angle, including my kiddos on their swings.  But alas, the day got away from me and next thing I know it's almost 11:00 p.m. at night and I have yet to pack up my computer bag for work tomorrow.

So I just looked for anything in the house that might work.  And I landed in the laundry room again.  This is an item that I've never been able to part with.  And trying to subscribe to the anti-hoarder philosophy that if something means so much to you that you can't get rid of it, then you must properly honor it by displaying it (not burying it in another pile or a box on an attic).  So I tacked this up in my laundry room a while back.   (I think I say "so" way too often).

What is it, you ask?   Good question.  Nothing much but a few memories, which is often nice when doing the mundane task of laundry.  When I moved back from my year abroad many moons ago, I packed up so many books and papers and shipped them back home.  One of the boxes I packed just couldn't bear the weight of everything in it.  The wonderful people at the German Post Office (Deutsche Bundespost) stuffed the dilapidated box into this burlap sack and shipped it overseas to my home.  I was quite surprised when it landed on my doorstep. 

Now, every time I walk into the laundry room and look at the old burlap sack, it fondly reminds me of the days I spent in Germany as a carefree student. 

0 comments: