Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Feels Nice to Be Sought After

You probably read the title and thought I meant being sought after by a boy. Nope. Well, yes, a boy, but not like that.

Let me explain.

Last week I had a missed call from a number with an area code that I was not familiar with. No message left. Shortly after I received an email to my old account from a recruiter I connected with several years ago when I lived out of state. And then today I received yet another call and decided to answer.

Said recruiter asked if I remembered him and then said he had a job opportunity in Chicago that fit my skill set. I told him to keep me on his list, but that I was happy in my current position.

I remember back in the day when all my coworkers in consulting got contacted by recruiters all the time and I never did. Now that I have that company I left Michigan for on my resume, I'm often flagged as having a "special" skill set.

And you know what? It feels nice to be sought after, even if I have no intent on looking for a new job or moving again anytime soon.

P.S. So happy there is a proper Blogger app now :)

2 comments:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

That is nice!

Kameron said...

It's nice to feel wanted...even if a recruiter calls you to tell you about a position at the company YOU ALREADY WORK FOR!! lol Yes, that happened to me! Idiot!