I miss blogging. (My last post was over two months ago!) I miss being able to sit on the couch at night and decompress from the day. (Major issues with getting the older one to fall asleep in her own bed). I miss sleeping in general. (Major issues again with getting the little one to sleep through the night). But life is happening all around me and I'm trying to enjoy it as best I can. Here's what happened over the past two months:
- The holidays came and went. We enjoyed them.
- I thought about blogging a few times, but didn't.
- I have yet to finish editing my brother's wedding pictures (yes, it's really been several months since he married).
- I haven't taken nearly as many pictures as I've wanted to do.
- I've felt guilty for not continuing to do monthly updates on the little one like I used to do with the older one.
- I still do take monthly pictures of each girl on the date of their birth day. I don't do anything more than snap a few pictures and download them to my computer though.
- I've already had enough of the darker, colder, shorter days .
- The little one is talking up a storm (single words, not stringing anything much together). She's a smart cookie.
- The older one has quite the stubborn gene thanks to her mother.
- Work has been doing layoffs, and thank goodness I've been spared thus far.
- I'm working on doing another round of 101 in 1001 days. I liked it before and would like to try it again.
- I'm contemplating two half marathons this year, which means I need to start running.
- But before I can run, I need to loose a lot of weight. And I mean a lot. Got on the scale last night and wanted to cry. I'm blaming it (the weight) on the little one and the major life changes of the past year.
- The older one and I have started writing in a gratitude journal every night at bedtime. It's good for the soul.

3 comments:
I'm so glad to see you blogging again. I've been wondering how you were!
I really hope the girls start sleeping well for you and that you continue to be spared from the layoffs!
Wishing you a great 2012!
Good to have you back :)
Your post could have been my post. I am going to try to be back. I really miss blogging. Are you still thinking of going to BlogHer in August? I signed up for a half marathon too...at the end of May. I should get my butt back to the gym. :)
Post a Comment