I was talking with a co-worker the other day. She started opening up a bit about her past and some of the things she's gone through and how she's found herself again. She mentioned that several years back she went to a center that was dedicated to personal "healing" - massages, aligning chakra, life coach, etc. The more she talked about it, the more I thought about the place and made a note of the name, thinking I would look it up online at a later time. Then the co-worker forwarded me a newsletter she received from the place. I thought "What the heck, I'll give them a call".
Now I'm a pretty skeptical person, Internet. I believe in some things, but many things I take with a grain of salt. I wasn't sure how open I would be to the process, but I made an appointment with an "intuitive healer and spiritual life coach" for her to align my chakras. I've never had this done before, and I barely understood anything about it. And yes, I even Googled "chakras" to get a better understanding of it.
Sounds kind of hokey right there, doesn't it? I'm not the incense burning, Buddha statues throughout the house, meditating kind of girl. Not knocking it in any way, it's just not how I'm wired. So it'd be accurate to say I felt a little apprehensive about the appointment I made, but I wanted to keep an open mind. (I often feel "off" inside and still have some anger that eats away at me that I want to let go). It couldn't hurt giving it a try; I'll try most anything once.
It turns out that the lady I made the appointment with has been doing this for many, many years, and does phone consultations with people all over the world. She also has physic abilities. (Don't sign off yet!) Now, I have had tarot cards read, but only out of a yearly tradition for pure entertainment purposes with my older sister.
Now I've probably convinced everyone that I'm a bit off my rocker by now! Again, even I was rather skeptical as we began our session. I kept telling myself over and over to keep an open mind though.
And boy, I have to tell you I was surprisingly enlightened by it all. I needed that. I need to learn to love myself again, and the session helped me realize that. I was astounded by some of the things she was reading from my chakras, to the point I almost welled up with tears. And I was not feeding her any information. She was just spot on with what she "felt" my energy centers were telling her. Kind of scary and weird at the same time. I won't go in to all the details, because I'm still a little stunned by it myself. She also focused on my general heath from reading my chakras, and told me I need to limit my gluten intake. Interesting, because I never felt like I've had a gluten intolerance.
The crazy thing is, I made one more appointment with her. It's not cheap. But I'm intrigued. And if it's all in the name of making me feel better about me, have at it, I say!

7 comments:
That sounds very interesting. Chakras have been 'around' since the beginning of mankind, I think, so there has to be something to it...
My sister in law is a huge believer in all of that...and meets with a Shaman (sp?) regularly. Interesting what you thought about it...makes me curious because i am normally huge skeptic of such things.
I have a friend that does Reiki stuff and I think its very interesting!
Maybe that's what I need. Keep us posted on how it is working for yoU!
Huh, keep us posted, this sounds interesting.
I read the post a few below about your perfectionist stuff? I was the same for a long, too long, time. You can change it, and it does feel good!!!
I hope it continues to help you!
I love that you are trying new things and expanding your horizons. That has always scared me a little. I don't know why.
Post a Comment