Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pinterest Fun!

Like everyone else out there, I love Pinterest.  I’ve thankfully managed to stay on the very minimal side of using it though so far.  I know I could oh-so-easily be sucked in to the wonderful world of Pinterest.  But I'm holding back as much as I can for now. (All that photography inspiration is so very dangerous).
I used Pinterest for a little inspiration to redecorate my mantel. I simply just created a Mantel Inspiration board and posted things I liked that I found around the web.  What I created for my mantel and the pictures had actually pinned weren't all that similiar, but it's what got the juices flowing, so to speak.  

I also used Pinterest to gather Valentine’s Day ideas for pre-school Valentines. There were a million cute ones floating around this year.  I used Pinterest to collect ideas for my daughter’s 5th birthday parth.  I’ve pinned lots of things that I would love to try one day.  And I know that several of my friends are posting things to Pinterest that I would love to try – from recipes to craft ideas with kids. 

My goal is to try and use Pinterest sparingly and not be overwhelmed by the fun and wealth of ideas there!  On occasion, I may just even post a thing or two I try on Pinterest with success. 

For example, I loved this super easy idea for creating a wreath of balloons.  I made this and hung it on the door for my daughter’s birthday party.

Next up, I want to try my friend’s necklace storage idea here.

Oh, and you can find me on Pinterest here.

2 comments:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I love the balloon wreath! One of my friends just made one, and it turned out so cute!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! This is so cute Brooke. I am pinning THIS right this second!